Thursday, June 17, 2010

Documentos por favor!

We finally have sent all of our documents to the different Secretary of States for certification. We did get one birth certificate back already, but are waiting on the others to arrive.

Once we get everything back then it's off to DC to get everything authenticated. Once we get that done it's off to Costa Rica to get ready for round 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.

UPDATE:

I just got my birth certificate back this afternoon so that makes two down. So from the time we ordered our BC's until we got them back from the Secretary of State took 17 days and $70/each.

So with that in mind if you have to repeat the process for some reason at least we will know the time frame.

BTW when I finally looked at what I received it was an Apostille and not a certification as required by Costa Rica. I called the Secretary of State's office this morning and they will be sending me the correct endorsement.

No comments:

Post a Comment